Re: [Healeys] [TR] knock off tool in use..

To: "Bob Labuz" <yellowtr@adelphia.net>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [TR] knock off tool in use..
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:57:29 -0400
Cc: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>
I no longer use a hammer.  All of them do some damage.  I purchased a wrench
from one of the big three many years ago and it works well.  It is about
1/4" thick metal and you have to put a rag between the wrench and the ear or
it will dent the ear.  The best I've used is a homemade wrench.  Use two
pieces of 3/4 inch plywood and make it about 3' long in the shape of a
spoon.  Cut out the shape of the knock off in the spoon part and you
instantly have a non marring tool which provides all the torque you need to
install and remove the knock offs.
Pete