[Healeys] 80 uneventful miles

To: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 80 uneventful miles
From: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 15:17:44 -0700

--001a11438ade0bd5950520352436

Just drove out into our local wine country in the Healey. Longest drive
since putting it back on the road two years ago. A few drops out of my
patch, otherwise nothing of note. She just hummed along with sweet tail
pipe music. Found a lot of heat coming form a gap at the top of the
transmission panel cover where the speedo cable comes up. I will be
removing the cable and need to place something to fill the gap.
I am beta testing a GPS unit that has a gear drive to run the stock speedo.
No need to re calibrate for the Toyota 5 spd or taller tires.
I do not know the size and thread for the transmission side of the stock
cable so they can supply me with the correct fitting. Can someone let me
know so I can tell them?
Thanks

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
         (_________________________)

--001a11438ade0bd5950520352436

t drove out into our local wine country in the Healey. Longest drive since =
putting it back on the road two years ago. A few drops out of my patch, oth=
erwise nothing of note. She just hummed along with sweet tail pipe music. F=
ound a lot of heat coming form a gap at the top of the transmission panel c=
over where the speedo cable comes up. I will be removing the cable and need=
 to place something to fill the gap.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"font-size:large">I am beta testing a GPS unit that has a gear drive to=
 run the stock speedo. No need to re calibrate for the Toyota 5 spd or tall=
er tires.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">I do =
not know the size and thread for the transmission side of the stock cable s=
o they can supply me with the correct fitting. Can someone let me know so I=
 can tell them?</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large"=
=A0 _______=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 _______<br>=C2=A0 =
=C2=A0=C2=A0 (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)<br>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
/div>