[Healeys] For Sprites Only

To: 'Healey List' <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] For Sprites Only
From: "J. Armour" <sebring3000@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 22:57:58 +1100

--===============0682595270343712548==
        boundary="B_3528313081_732965"

--B_3528313081_732965
        charset="ISO-8859-1"

Some time back there was discussion on the question of MK.1 Sprites fitted
with a BOOT LID ( trunk to those north of the equator)

Ray English of the great 'MARQUE ONE ' magazine has included in histhird qt=
2015 issue an article I had previously read most of in the UK 'Collectors
Car' from July 1981 but had obviously forgotten the following comments from
no other than Peter Browning.
When he became secretary of the Austin =AD Healey Club ( yes with a hyphen)
his car purchased from the Works was a MK.1 Sprite which he had that Healey
collaborator Douglas Wilson-Spratt fit an opening boot.
Wilson-Spratt was one half of WSM who built several special bodied Sprites,
one 3000 and an MGB. Douglas's son is still involved with WSM in UK.

So maybe not a full Works mod but how much closer can you get than, owned
and requested by the AH Club secretary and carried out by a close after
market organisation who successfully modified and raced Healeys under the
nose of the Healey family.
Therefore I find it quite feaseable that others followed the lead of such a
high profile owner and Healey builder.

Joe

--B_3528313081_732965
        charset="ISO-8859-1"

pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>Some time back there was dis=
cussion on the question of MK.1 Sprites fitted with a BOOT LID ( trunk to th=
'MARQUE ONE ' magazine has included in histhird qtr 2015 issue an article I =
had previously read most of in the UK 'Collectors Car' from July 1981 but ha=
d obviously forgotten the following comments from no other than Peter Browni=
ng.</div><div>When he became secretary of the Austin &#8211; Healey Club ( y=
es with a hyphen) his car purchased from the Works was a MK.1 Sprite which h=
e had that Healey collaborator Douglas Wilson-Spratt fit an opening boot.</d=
iv><div>Wilson-Spratt was one half of WSM who built several special bodied S=
prites, one 3000 and an MGB. Douglas's son is still involved with WSM in UK.=
can you get than, owned and requested by the AH Club secretary and carried o=
ut by a close after market organisation who successfully modified and raced =
Healeys under the nose of the Healey family.</div><div>Therefore I find it q=
uite feaseable that others followed the lead of such a high profile owner an=

--B_3528313081_732965--