Re: [Healeys] BN4LS72623

To: pdzwig@summaventures.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN4LS72623
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 15:26:44 -0800
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a1136a9a8dd11d20529b83318

Thanks, I guess I'm sending money to bmht:)

Mr. Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
On Jan 19, 2016 3:22 PM, "Peter Dzwig" <pdzwig@summaventures.com> wrote:

> Ira,
>
> I think that it probably isn't possible to provide an exact date without
> knowing
> the detailed build rates for the individual months *and* the corresponding
> chassis/engine numbers. The only place that holds those sort of details is
> BMIHT.
>
> According to Clausager 72623 is a mid-production number. It almost
> certainly
> isn't a Longbridge car as the highest known chassis number (according to
> him) is
> 50759.
>
> Here's a stab at the date: the entire second batch of Abingdon cars (the
> late-'58/early-'59 batch) ran to some 8806, going by chassis numbers. Yours
> would then be 3663 into the run (5143 from the end of production).
>
> On the basis of six months production run, about 1470 cars were produced on
> average per month. This would suggest that your car would have bsuggest
> that it
> was built towards the end of November.
>
> BUT you have to take into account ramp-up/ramp-down in production (in
> September
> and March) and also the fact that the plant wouldn't have produced much
> over
> Christmas/New Year; and that in the immediate run-up to Christmas
> production
> would probably have at least slowed. This means that production profile
> would
> have risen between September and November, falling back in December and
> then
> going back to higher levels in January and February before tailing off in
> March
> 59. What we don't know is the actual extent of the variation in
> production. On
> this basis it might appear reasonable to suggest that your car may have
> been
> produced between the last couple of weeks in November and Christmas'58.
>
> You could cross-guesstimate the month by taking the date of first
> registration
> in the US and subtracting two or three months which would probably
> approximate
> the time between roll-out from the shop to arrival in the US. The time
> would
> vary, of course, depending on where it was delivered to and at what point
> the
> then-current US rules required it to be registered (e.g. on first arrival
> in the
> US, on delivery to the dealer, on sale etc.).
>
> Sorry not to be more helpful,
>
> Peter
>
> On 19/01/2016 21:09, i erbs wrote:
> > Trying to figure out approx. when my car was produced without going the
> BHMT
> > route. Not finding it on the Internet
> > BN4LS72623 My guess is late 58 as it has been registered as a 59. but can
> [...]

Portland,OR</p>
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:pdzwig@summaventures.com";>pdzwig@summaventures.com</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" sty=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Ira,<b=
r>
I think that it probably isn&#39;t possible to provide an exact date withou=
t knowing<br>
the detailed build rates for the individual months *and* the corresponding<=
br>
chassis/engine numbers. The only place that holds those sort of details is =
BMIHT.<br>
According to Clausager 72623 is a mid-production number. It almost certainl=
y<br>
isn&#39;t a Longbridge car as the highest known chassis number (according t=
o him) is<br>
50759.<br>
Here&#39;s a stab at the date: the entire second batch of Abingdon cars (th=
e<br>
late-&#39;58/early-&#39;59 batch) ran to some 8806, going by chassis number=
s. Yours<br>
would then be 3663 into the run (5143 from the end of production).<br>
On the basis of six months production run, about 1470 cars were produced on=
average per month. This would suggest that your car would have bsuggest tha=
t it<br>
was built towards the end of November.<br>
BUT you have to take into account ramp-up/ramp-down in production (in Septe=
mber<br>
and March) and also the fact that the plant wouldn&#39;t have produced much=
 over<br>
Christmas/New Year; and that in the immediate run-up to Christmas productio=
n<br>
would probably have at least slowed. This means that production profile wou=
ld<br>
have risen between September and November, falling back in December and the=
n<br>
going back to higher levels in January and February before tailing off in M=
arch<br>
59. What we don&#39;t know is the actual extent of the variation in product=
ion. On<br>
this basis it might appear reasonable to suggest that your car may have bee=
n<br>
produced between the last couple of weeks in November and Christmas&#39;58.=
You could cross-guesstimate the month by taking the date of first registrat=
ion<br>
in the US and subtracting two or three months which would probably approxim=
ate<br>
the time between roll-out from the shop to arrival in the US. The time woul=
d<br>
vary, of course, depending on where it was delivered to and at what point t=
he<br>
then-current US rules required it to be registered (e.g. on first arrival i=
n the<br>
US, on delivery to the dealer, on sale etc.).<br>
Sorry not to be more helpful,<br>
Peter<br>
On 19/01/2016 21:09, i erbs wrote:<br>
&gt; Trying to figure out approx. when my car was produced without going th=
e BHMT<br>
&gt; route. Not finding it on the Internet<br>
&gt; BN4LS72623 My guess is late 58 as it has been registered as a 59. but =
can<br>
&gt; someone help narrow it down to a month?<br>
&gt; Ira Erbs<br>
&gt; Portland,OR<br>
&gt; 1959 BN4 100-6<br>
&gt; with BT7 engine and disk brakes.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>