[Healeys] Austin Healeys at Grand Prix

To: 'Healey List' <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Austin Healeys at Grand Prix
From: "J. Armour" <sebring3000@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 14:46:58 +1100

--B_3541330023_1018258

Watching the drivers parade for the first Grand Prix for 2016 there was
Donald's favourite , the Bugeye in Australia and Frogeye to others. Great to
see some of the worlds best drivers in a Healey.

Recently Gordon Murray, a designer of multiple grand prix Constructors
Championship cars rated a Sprite as one of his 10 best cars. He has a Bugeye
in his garage. What a recommendation.
Gordon also designed one of my all time favourite GT cars, the McLaren F.1
three seater. I was lucky enough to have had a personal tour through the
factory when they were being assembled. The only supercar without turbos,
power assisted anything and room for a golf set in the side compartment and
still just over one tonne. Built as a road car and yet won LeMans 24 Hour
first time out.

Back to the Melbourne GP
Joe

--B_3541330023_1018258

pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>Watching the drivers parade =
for the first Grand Prix for 2016 there was Donald's favourite , the Bugeye =
in Australia and Frogeye to others. Great to see some of the worlds best dri=
r of multiple grand prix Constructors Championship cars rated a Sprite as on=
e of his 10 best cars. He has a Bugeye in his garage. What a recommendation.=
Laren F.1 &nbsp;three seater. I was lucky enough to have had a personal tour=
 through the factory when they were being assembled. The only supercar witho=
ut turbos, power assisted anything and room for a golf set in the side compa=
rtment and still just over one tonne. Built as a road car and yet won LeMans=

--B_3541330023_1018258--