Re: [Healeys] Door hinge pins

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Door hinge pins
From: Andy Thorp <bce257@yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 20:33:45 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Richard,

Yes, I changed all four. You'll probably need a shop press and a propane torch
to get the them out as they are rather well held in.

I reamed the holes to oversize, turned up some pins out of long high-grade
steel cap screws and loctited them in. Most of the wear occurs on the pin but
the hole in the hinge wears and when reamed, the new hole ends up in the middle
of the oval which isn't in line with the original round hole by a whisker.
Squashing the hinge gently in a vise corrects this little offset if you want mm
perfect door gaps. I ended up 'micro adjusting' all four hinges in the end
since fitting a repro chassis meant everything is different to the old one.

Mark the hinge parts as to where they came from if you are doing more than one
as they may well be different to the others.

Andy.