[Healeys] Fix for overdrive operating shaft oil leak

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fix for overdrive operating shaft oil leak
From: Noel and Helen <hstandfa@iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 21:32:05 +1000
Hi listers

has anyone come up with a fix for the ubiquitous oil leak from the O
ring on the right side of the overdrive?  I've checked the archives and
Tech Talk and can't find a solution, would it be possible to either
machine out the casing and  fit a lip seal (pretty hard to do in-situ
I'd imagine) or can you fit a second O ring behind the operating lever?

any help appreciated
thanks

Noel S
Brisbane, Australia