Re: [Healeys] Windshield Decal

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>, Healeys Help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windshield Decal
From: "J. Armour" <sebring3000@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 22:53:16 +1000

--B_3552418403_2668419

Michael
I believe that copies were made back in the 80s in Australia.

The original sticker is on the back window of my ex-works 1965 Sebring 3000
the last 6 cyl Healey raced by the Donald Healey Motor Co. These cars were
built at Healeys and carried a HEALEY chassis plate. This car DAC953C was
the under 3 litre class winner driven by Australian Paul Hawkins and UKs
Warwick Banks.
The car came from Idaho and has been in Australian since 1977. Interestingl=
the first of the streamliner Sprites was DAC952C and it is now in Europe an=
has been on display at the Healey Museum. The sticker refers to both of
these Healeys as class winners and Castrol was a major sponser.
Few people are aware of the lightweight circuit racers and most Healey
owners build rally car look-a-likes =8B rally cars were built by the ex MG
Competition Dept renamed BMC Competition Department. On of the 1963 Sebring
3000s was recently entered in the LeMans classic races and heavily supporte=
by the very enthusiastic Dutch Healey Club and the Healey Museum =AD check
their facebook pages