Re: [Healeys] electric fan for 3000???

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] electric fan for 3000???
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:56:19 +0200
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.2.0 a=9+rZDBEiDlHhcck0kWbJtElFXBc=:19 a=7z1cN_iqozsA:10 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=R5iy0f-eAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=_pGZ-GBZKduvW-hZZLwA:9 a=pILNOxqGKmIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=_ys9FdAVv78A:10 a=xsvCszUNAAAA:8 a=a-fuf_QHwUXKd4N4Yi4A:9 a=_7Gc2ageuIDSmTmv:21 a=hTZeC7Yk6K0A:10 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=OwL94Tg1utQA:10 a=NWVoK91CQySWRX1oVYDe:22 a=NumKjXolQHiPR4xHErVj:22 a=VgX7F9YyZXxN54bobWsJ:22 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 a=zV79hX1f-k5cJAAWsnaP:22 xcat=Undefined/Undefined none
--===============0606720499814824932==
 boundary="------------CE62459791EFB0719ADDC305"

--------------CE62459791EFB0719ADDC305

Revotec should have a bespoke set for your car. Just check their
website: www.revotec.com/acatalog/Austin-Healey-Tailormade-Cooling-Kits.html
There are other manufacturers as well: Ebay or Google.
If it is getting hot idling or in stop and go traffic only, go for a
thermostatically controlled electric fan. Choose the switching
temperatures according to the opening temperature of the thermostat,
switching off temp should be 5-10°C above the opening temp of the
thermostat, if it is lower the fan will run almost continuously,
switching on temp can be as high as 100°C but usually something like
95°C is choosen. There are thousands of different thermoswitches to
choose from.
In normal operating conditions the engine temp should be  slightly above
the opening temp of the thermostat
If it is getting hot at speed or normal driving check if the thermostat
is working and of the OE sleeve variety,  check the ignition timing and
mixture settings as these are often a cause for overheating.
However check your cooling system first. Clean out your cooling system
using one of the propriety flush agents and fill up with proper coolant
(NOT red/purple but green/blue stuff). Make sure you radiator is clean
inside and out. If the radiator is partially blocked internally have it
rebuild with a core with extra cooling capacity.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 5-8-2016 om 1:38 schreef randy dickson:

> Fellow Healeyoids,  My 1963 BJ7 is getting very hot this summer.  I
> currently have a Texas cooler and need something more.  What kind of
> electric fan will work? Name and part number.  I would like a thermos
> controlled fan. Thanks!
>
> Randy
>
> 1963 BJ7
>
> 1960 BT7

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------CE62459791EFB0719ADDC305

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      your car. Just check their website:
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.revotec.com/acatalog/Austin-Healey-Tailormade-Cooling-Kits.html";>www.revotec.com/acatalog/Austin-Healey-Tailormade-Cooling-Kits.html</a><br>
      There are other manufacturers as well: Ebay or Google.<br>
      If it is getting hot idling or in stop and go traffic only, go for
      a thermostatically controlled electric fan. Choose the switching
      temperatures according to the opening temperature of the
      thermostat, switching off temp should be 5-10°C above the opening
      temp of the thermostat, if it is lower the fan will run almost
      continuously, switching on temp can be as high as 100°C but
      usually something like 95°C is choosen. There are thousands of
      different thermoswitches to choose from.<br>
      In normal operating conditions the engine temp should be  slightly
      above the opening temp of the thermostat<br>
      If it is getting hot at speed or normal driving check if the
      thermostat is working and of the OE sleeve variety,  check the
      ignition timing and mixture settings as these are often a cause
      for overheating. <br>
      However check your cooling system first. Clean out your cooling
      system using one of the propriety flush agents and fill up with
      proper coolant (NOT red/purple but green/blue stuff). Make sure
      you radiator is clean inside and out. If the radiator is partially
      blocked internally have it rebuild with a core with extra cooling
      capacity.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Op 5-8-2016 om 1:38 schreef randy dickson:<br>
      cite="mid:163d01d1eea9$51b25360$f516fa20$@midwestarchaeology.com"
      type="cite">
        charset=us-ascii">
        medium)">
          very hot this summer.  I currently have a Texas cooler and
          need something more.  What kind of electric fan will work?
          Name and part number.  I would like a thermos controlled fan.
          Thanks!</p>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"