Re: [Healeys] 100-4

To: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-4
From: sentenac.rw@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 15:00:24 -0700
Cc: 'Austin Healey list' <healeys@autox.team.net>
WAG: maybe $30,000 if it is rust free and just needs everything to be
gone through with every fluid and everything that touched that fluid
replaced, renewed or at least cleaned.  Not to mention interior and
chrome renewal.  And possibly the wiring replaced.  And paint redone.

If it is a 100M then more, of course.  The first 1000 Healey hundreds
were built in 1953 or a few days into 1954.  The body number will tell
the tale.

-Roland
'53 BN1 #724 completed Nov. 13th 1953

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 10:20:30 -0400, you wrote:

>Recently I was driving my Triumph TR3 when a guy pulled up alongside me and
>said "I have one of those.  Want to see it?"
>
>It turned out he lived just a few miles away so I went to his house and
>there in a barn out back was a 1957 small-mouth under a pile of cardboard
>boxes. "Yes, " he said, "I put the cars away when my daughter was born in
>1980 and have never gotten around to doing anything with them."
>
>"Them?" I asked.  Sure, enough, behind the TR3 was an Austin-Healey 100-4.
>It too was covered in cardboard boxes but from what I could see was intact
>and remarkably rust free.  Confessing my Austin-Healey ignorance, I asked if
>it was a 100-M but he said it was earlier.  In fact he said it was one of
>the first 1000 made.  So I guess it is a BN1? 1953 - 1955?
>So - after all of that - if the car is as good as it looks, what does the
>list think it is worth ?
>
>Andrew Uprichard

---