Re: [Healeys] Non Healey...Computer help needed

To: healeys@autox.team.net OjO9gN8eOzk69MR8hiRLTrhy1oCRrlXz8WzslFRtfkcyUz4CwBs1YF0QGgsNZdMjs3PdgTyFWswxpvhSJ4aNgGMDiwRpuBNlBwE=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey...Computer help needed
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 15:36:15 -0500
Al Fuller wrote:
> Michael, I use Microsoft ACCESS for my 100S and AH racing database. It
> started out as DBIV or III I think. I think Microsoft bought Foxpro and
> evolved it/blended it into ACCESS. There shouldn't be a problem converting it
> using the ACCESS commands. ACCESS isn't cheap, though. Ken Freese 65 BJ8

If you can coax Foxpro into writing the data out to a Comma Separated Values
file, most current databases can import from that.
CSV: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values

What you import into is another matter.  Is the Foxpro DB just a flat database
(tables and rows)?  If so, maybe importing into a spreadsheet is all you need.

If you want to use a database, then LibreOffice Base is a freebie that can
import Foxpro, though Iâ??ve never tried it. More here:
http://superuser.com/questions/883044/how-to-convert-a-foxpro-database-without-spending

â??
Kent McLean
â??56 100 BN2