Re: [Healeys] Engine mountings

To: simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine mountings
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 09:24:28 -0500

------=_Part_24642_1277840343.1479392668503

I am currently collecting parts for eventual reassembly & was recently work=
ing on the motor mounts. I ended up with several different rubber replaceme=
nt mounts from several sources that did not fit correctly. On some, the lar=
ge studs were not correctly spaced apart. Their center to center dimension =
would not allow the studs to mate with their corresponding mounting holes. =
On others, the studs were not parallel to each other & were not perpendicul=
ar to the steel plate that is bonded to the rubber. On still others, the sm=
all steel locating pin between the large studs was not in the correct locat=
ion & could not be installed into the mount without modifying the mount. Fi=
nally, I believe the  two studs on one side of the mount should (were origi=
nally) offset from the two studs on the opposite side. I.E. Not directly in=
 line with each other. Some of the manufacturers did this & some of them di=
d not. You may discover similar issues & have to modify the steel mounting =
plates to accept the new rubber mounts. I never found any that were correct=
 in all aspects.=20
Gary Hodson  =20
=20