Re: [Healeys] Adjustable Shock Mount Kit -

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Adjustable Shock Mount Kit -
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 18:20:26 +1100
Hi Jean, I like the Kilmartin kit. It was actually developed by an old
friend and taken over by Kilmartin when he didn't want to make them any
longer. Firstly have a good look at the condition of the threads in your
existing shock mounts as often they are stripped or close to it. If so
you may as well use the Kilmartin kit as at least the treads are tapped
into a plate rather than welded in nuts. Plus you get the advantage of
being able to adjust camber back to around zero if your going to run
radial tyres. Other than Bob's comment I have never heard of a problem
with the kit. I would also suggest you use hardened washers which are
readily available on your mounting bolts to properly spread the clamping
load on the shock body.

Cheers

Larry Varley

http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/