[Healeys] Healey Mention

Subject: [Healeys] Healey Mention
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 10:17:46 -0800
Besides Healeys, another passion of mine is aviation, though I haven't
flown in a few years.  I've been catching up on my backlog of aviation
magazine reading, and came across something in the November 2016 issue
of 'Plane & Pilot' magazine I thought y'all might have an interest in.
The author is Bill Cox, a noted aviation writer and ferry pilot, and the
article is about how 'flying never gets old' and is entitled
'Perspectives.'  He's referring to his first visit to Telluride,
Colorado, USA:

"My first visit to this tall paradise was over Christmas break in the
mid-'60s when I was 50 years more athletic, but that trip was in a '63
Austin-Healey 3000, not a bad ride, but temporarily attached to Highway
145.  At the time, I barely noticed the difference, as the UNM coeds
back in Albuquerque loved that little sports car, and accordingly, so
did I."

Happy New Year to all and have a good ride in 2017.

Bob