[Healeys] VHT primer and paint

Subject: [Healeys] VHT primer and paint
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8Healeys)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:48:17 -0400
I installed a new stainless steel exhaust system in my BJ8 in 1986 and painted
it before installation with Plasti-Kote Universal #203 Black engine paint.  No
need to repaint since then.  I painted only the pipes and mufflers, not the
exhaust manifold.  I did not use a separate primer.

Recently I repainted the engine in my MG Midget with VHT gray engine primer and
black topcoat because that was what is available now locally, but I have not
yet reinstalled the engine so I can't comment on its durability.  The can says
it is good to 550 deg. F (288 C).

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry