[Healeys] Throttle Springs

Subject: [Healeys] Throttle Springs
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:23:02 -0700
I carelessly overstretched my old throttle return springs--2 of them on
my BJ8--removing them before rebuild but thought 'No big deal; they're
only a couple bucks apiece.'  So I bought new ones, installed them, and
the resistance in the gas pedal is so light I'm not sure the car (BJ8)
will be as driveable; i.e. the pedal 'touch' may be too sensitive.
Since I replaced seriously worn throttle shaft bushes with teflon/nylon,
the change may be due to that--I'm just used to pushing harder on a worn
out mechanism--or, possibly, the repo springs are weaker (they DO look a
little wimpier).  I haven't driven the car yet--maybe I'll prefer a
lighter pedal--but has anyone else bought new springs and thought they
weren't as, er, springy as the originals?

Bob