[Healeys] Trip to UK

Subject: [Healeys] Trip to UK
From: simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk (Simon Lachlan)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 11:43:34 +0100
All depends on your need to plunge down those narrow roads in the first
place
..

And your need to carry your luggage.

Poisonally

.I?d hire a car sufficiently large for your party and its
luggage and keep to the bigger(?!) roads. Being from Ireland, but much
further north, I?d say that it?s all doable that way.

Don?t set fire to your hotel with a 110v hair dryer and a 240v converter. A
common American trick, I?m afraid.

And don?t forget that the steering wheel?s moved to the right
..

And enjoy yourself.

Guinness is very moreish stuff
.doesn?t really mix with driving on the
?other? side of the road.

If you?re going into Ireland from Scotland, you will land in Larne??? From
Stranraer?? If so, The Giant?s Causeway is worth a visit. Take the coast
road from Larne.

Don?t go into the Visitor?s Centre at the Causeway. It?s a racket whereby
they basically charge you ?6:00 each (Thereabouts) to walk through a
touristy junk shop. Entrance to the actual Causeway is free. Walk
around/over the Visitor?s Centre. The latter is such an offensively ugly
building that the locals call it the Fuhrer Bunker. Have lunch/pint in the
Causeway Hotel, right there near the Visitor?s Centre. When you drive up to
the place, tell the parking attendants that you?re eating in the hotel.
Fight your way past the parking attendant cretins and get free parking by
the hotel.

Simon