[Healeys] Hi oil pressure

Subject: [Healeys] Hi oil pressure
From: rrengineer.mike at att.net (Michael MacLean)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 03:24:28 +0000 (UTC)
Does not matter the age of the gauge. (rhyme?)? You need to put a calibrated
gauge inline with the oil pressure gauge.? Only way to tell the true oil
pressure.Mike MacLean
?

    On Sunday, April 2, 2017 8:15 PM, Roger Grace <roggrace at telus.net> wrote:

 Just started my BJ8 after a long Winter project on OD and other things.Only
engine work done was to change oil pan gasket.New oil and new filter. VR1 20-50
oil.When starting from cold oil pressure regulates to around 60 psi. You can
see it regulating.As soon as it starts to warm up (about 10 mins running)
pressure gets very hi and follows RPM to about 100 psi at 2000 RPM. Pressure
gauge is almost like a tacho !Today pulled the relief valve (not a trivial task
as have oil cooler pipes obstructing) and inspected.Looks OK apart from a few
scuffs on the valve; there is a small washer behind the spring by PO.Spring
free length is 2.3 ins plus 0.1 for washerSuspecting the filter, changed it
too.Oil gauge is but 12 months old.Prior to this oil pressure behaved normally;
and this is a recently rebuilt engine with about 5k miAt my wits end and need
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

Healeys at autox.team.net