[Healeys] Fuel tank sending unit

Subject: [Healeys] Fuel tank sending unit
From: Ed at wadsworthoneal.com (Ed O'Neal)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:53:08 +0000
Just a simple note about the fuel sending unit.  Often these leak between the
flange and the tank.  Usually the cause for this is that the sending unit
flange has been bent (upward between screws / downward at the screw) because of
overtightening with a cork (or sometimes two) gaskets.  Careful tapping with a
hammer and a flat steel surface then a neoprene gasket with usually solve the
issue.