[Healeys] Battery Question

Subject: [Healeys] Battery Question
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 18:01:01 -0700
Sounds like you inadvertently performed a 'conversion to negative
ground.'  I think--well, obviously--the starter would work without being
(re-)polarized, but the generator probably--well, obviously--would not.
I presume--well, obviously--you have a fuel pump that doesn't care about
polarity and you don't have an electronic ignition--like a
Pertronix*--installed.  My guess--and it's only a guess--is that your
car will be OK once you correctly re-install your battery; although it
might have sulphated--or something--with the 'reverse charging.'

Just a SWAG (obviously).

Bob

* if you do have a Pertronix, you may be screwed.