[Healeys] Differential ring and pinion replacement

Subject: [Healeys] Differential ring and pinion replacement
From: waschu2 at gmail.com (Wayne Schultz)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:25:31 -0400
Hello,

   My son and I are trying to get our late 1967 Healey back on the road.
While buying parts to replace our bent rear end housing I bought a Mowog
 NOS 3.5 differential. The ring and pinion shimming needs to be checked
because the pinion nut and the carrier nuts were all loose. The gears show
no wear pattern at all and are all original Mowog parts. The housing is
stamped 11/39 also.  I built a couple of differentials  for friends with
Lampert gears years ago and there was a great web site that was a good
reference on setting up the shimming. Problem is now that I need it for
myself I can't find it. It was not the Crowley site. I thought I saved it
on my computer,but I cannot find it. I do have the shop manual but this
link was informative about how to check the shimming without the factory
tools. Anyone have the link?