[Healeys] Side shift tranny

Subject: [Healeys] Side shift tranny
From: eyera3000 at gmail.com (i erbs)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:43:30 -0700
I think others need to know. Transmission in Europe are more money than
here. A complete rebuilt unit might cost as much as $7kUS. Like a rebuilt
engine, how one defines a rebuild is fungible. I would want a complete
parts list. I have one with 35K miles on it. I replaced the main shaft, all
synchros, ball bearings, seals and gaskets. if I sold it I would want $4500
min, as I have a 5sp now, but my kids say they want to return it to stock
some day.  I pulled to make it easier for my wife and adult sons to drive.
I do miss the overdrive though, not the no syncho first

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
          BT7 engine and disk brakes

A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments. Mario Andretti
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words