[Healeys] BJ8 weight

Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 weight
From: gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com (Richard Collins)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 17:22:16 +0000
Just a guess that laden is with 10 gallons of fuel?

Regards,
Richard C
BN7 #440

My BMC manual says:-
Unladed weight:-             1,080kg/2,380lb
Kerbside weight:-            1,115kg/2,460lb

In my simple way I thought that this was:-
Empty car:- 1,080kg
Fully/max laden car:- 1,115kg
A little thought shows that there is only 35kg/77lbs difference between the
two. Not much of a load. What am I missing?
This is all to do with my nephew getting his car registered for use in France.
He?s on temporary/import plates at the moment, but they won?t last forever?
Simon