[Healeys] H4 carbs leaking

Subject: [Healeys] H4 carbs leaking
From: ggilliam at usol.com (ggilliam at usol.com)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 15:04:17 -0400
Experts...
   I have rebuilt the carbs on my BN4, genuine SU master kit. New shafts,
butterflys, all the seals and gaskets, etc. The engine starts easy,
idles down better than ever before, but both carbs leak badly down the
jet tube. I had hoped the seals would "set in" or something like that
after some cycles of the choke levers, but no, still a significant
dripping, directly over the exhaust of course.
   Does anyone have a secret method of installing new seals on the jet
tubes, lubricants, order of assembly, additional quantities?

  Thanks for all suggestions..

  Gordy
   Longbridge BN4