[Healeys] SU HD carb - one issue found

Subject: [Healeys] SU HD carb - one issue found
From: goldengt at cal.net (goldengt)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:28:56 -0700
I had the same issues with the Midel SUs. See the archives. I went back to my
original carbs.Ken Freese?65 BJ8

-------- Original message --------From: Bob England <engl at accesscomm.ca>
Date: 9/10/17  7:27 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject:
[Healeys] SU HD carb - one issue found
Hello All

Thanks to all who provided me with their thoughts on the problems getting my
engine to run properly.? It has been really great to be able to get some
thoughtful feedback on my trials and tribulations.

I have found one item with the carbs that I thought I should pass along should
anyone else have the issue.? You may recall I could not get the jet to come up
to the level of the cab bridge ? it seemed to hang up 1.6mm low.? Yesterday I
discovered the problem ? the lever that has the jet fork on one end and the
mixture screw on the other is too thick.? Being too thick it hits the mixture
screw lobe piece, not allowing the forks to rise, which holds the jets
1.6mm-1.5mm low.

These carbs are not original carbs and obviously casting for the fork/screw
lever too thick.? Going to do some filing on the piece this afternoon (or maybe
take a dremel to it if laziness sets in).

Still not confident this will help too much on the rich mixture or 30 degree
timing sweet spot, but we shall see ? it certainly wont hurt!

Bob England
?65 BJ8

Healeys at autox.team.net