[Healeys] Rear Axle Hub Mixup

Subject: [Healeys] Rear Axle Hub Mixup
From: rrengineer.mike at att.net (Michael MacLean)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:30:54 +0000 (UTC)
Now that I have the axle hubs off the rear axle to replace the bearings and
seal I find I have two different hubs on the same axle.? One has an O-Ring to
seal beneath the gasket and the other has no such circular groove for an
O-Ring.? I am sure the one with the O-Ring is original to the car (BN2) but
what is the other one off of?? Do I need a matching hub with an circular groove
for an O-Ring or will it be OK to mix and match?? BY the way, neither of them
had the bearing spacer.? Is that really needed?
Mike MacLean