[Healeys] Pressure Release Valves--old versus new

Subject: [Healeys] Pressure Release Valves--old versus new
From: hgmiller3 at centurylink.net (Herb Miller)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 17:58:53 -0500
Good story, but I have one comment. Physics will tell you that when a ring or
cylinder is heated it will expand as it were a sheet, that is the OD will get
larger, and the ID will also get larger. If  the alloy of the two samples is
the same the increase in OD will be the same. Granted, the thinner walled
sample will expand more quickly over time the two would be the same at equal
temp.

Glad your problem is solved, whatever the reason.

Herb Miller

1960 AN5

1962 BT7 Tri carb

1967 BJ8