[Healeys] Radio, changing from positive ground to negative ground?

Subject: [Healeys] Radio, changing from positive ground to negative ground?
From: glemon at neb.rr.com (glemon at neb.rr.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 13:38:12 -0400
I used a polarity converter many years ago when I put a "modern" am fm cassette
in my 67 Sprite (Pioneer KP5500, the things you remember).  The inverter ran
all the time and made a high pitched slightly audible squeal.  After it drained
my battery I added an inline switch.  It also would cut out for a second if
there were a sudden voltage change, such as tapping the brake lights.

I messed around with the voltage regulator to try to compensate for the voltage
drop, no help, screwed that up too.

An all (many) subsequent cars I just switched polarity, much easier and never
any problems.

Greg Lemon