[Healeys] Right hand signal light - SOLVED

Subject: [Healeys] Right hand signal light - SOLVED
From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (John Spaur)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 18:30:06 -0700
The problem was the soldered bullet connection on the green with white wire
inside of the rubber boot at the lamp socket. That is the one thing I did not
check because I had not expected it to fail. I installed a new wiring harness
6,000 miles ago but I reused original bullet connectors. I am surprised it
worked this long.

John

San Jose, CA

?62 BT7

The right hand front signal light stopped flashing. The rear lamps flash
normally when the switch is operated. The left one works as it should. All
lamps are good. When I turn on the headlights the running lights illuminate. I
installed a known working 1157 combination running and signal light and it
would not flash When I test the flasher unit per the workshop manual by
connecting the terminals B and L and operating the direction indicator switch
the flasher lamps do not operate, thus the flasher is good. Testing the brake
switch overriding relay per the manual gives the following results:

Connecting terminal 1 to terminals 2 and 3 ? left hand front and rear lamps
flash.

Connecting terminal 2 to terminals 6 and 7 ? right hand rear lamp flashes but
the right hand front does not.

What should I check now?

Thanks,

John Spaur