[Healeys] 100 engine rebuild

Subject: [Healeys] 100 engine rebuild
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 14:32:16 -0500

I am beginning a complete 100 engine rebuild & am looking for advise.

- I would like to build an engine that will produce as much power as is
possible consistent with the following specifications:
Fast road driving, not road racing. Premium fuel, not racing fuel. In the USA
Approx. 91-92 octane rating. I think that results in about 9.5:compression.
What compression ratio would you recommend?
The engine will include:
-an aluminum head
-Carbs: twin H6's

I also need a new cam recommendation & am considering either Denis Welch "#DW1
or #DW4 cam? Suggestions, please.

Also, I would like to over bore the engine. Is there any reason to not bore it
out to 89mm, other than that might not allow for any future over bore?
What piston sources  would you suggest for this application?
Any related suggestions, recommendations or questions would be appreciated!

Gary Hodson