[Healeys] Anyone looking for a Jaguar Mk2 project?

Subject: [Healeys] Anyone looking for a Jaguar Mk2 project?
From: p_cquinn at tpg.com.au (Patrick & Caroline Quinn)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 07:30:23 +1100
G?day

I have had the pleasure of owning two Jaguar Mk2s in my motoring life. The
first was a 2.4 which was nice but a little lacking in power and the second was
a 3.8 with a Jaguar 4-speed and overdrive. The Jaguar gearbox is infinitely
better than the Moss box and a delight to use.

The Mk2 itself is an absolute pain in the arse to work on and you could say
that if a spanner fitted it was surely a design fault.

For instance the workshop manual states that to remove the battery, first
remove the bonnet.

My time with Jaguars is what convinced me to have a modern car as an everyday.
Still a delight to drive and we managed to fit four kids including a pram into
it.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia