[Healeys] Universal joints

Subject: [Healeys] Universal joints
From: simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk (Simon Lachlan)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 17:10:50 -0000
Hi,

Trust that one and all are having Good Time....

So, a question. I'll be replacing the two UJs in my MkII BT7's propshaft
soon. I am looking at the choices. Whilst they all look the same, there are
some significant price variations. And some are sealed and some have grease
nipples.

I guess that they all had grease nipples originally and the sealed ones were
a later development. I wonder if it's an improvement or just cost cutting???

Personally, I think I'll go for the ones with the nipples.....at least that
way I'll be forced to touch and examine them occasionally. Or are the sealed
one just as good ie a genuine improvement.

Price....are the pricier ones actually better or just making someone
richer???

Any opinions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Simon