[Healeys] FW: source for 6 volt batterys

Subject: [Healeys] FW: source for 6 volt batterys
From: john at jtkarowe.com.au (John Rowe)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 12:55:40 +1000

I have run 2 x 12volt batteries for the last 6 years without trouble. I
purchased the smallest ones I could, suitable for a small fwd car or a
ride-on mower, which fit without too much pain. They are approx 350cca each
which gives about 700cca in all, which is more than enough to at least make
the starter motor turn over my hi-comp motor to start every time.

They cost approx $100 Australian each ($60USD approximately) so are also
much cheaper than the unreliable 6v ones.

They are joined in parallel, and run leads to starter, +ve from one battery
and -ve from the other so they are both working and charging together rather
than jumping one to the other battery.

I recently had to replace them after 6 years due to lack of use.

At least I know the car will now start when I want it to

John Rowe

Australia