[Healeys] Door handles

Subject: [Healeys] Door handles
From: simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com (simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 10:09:22 +0100
Hi,

This is somewhat by way of being a test as I've had nothing from the list
for days.

Now, I have a MkII BT7.

Some clown backed into it the other day and I've had to have the door
reskinned and sprayed etcetc. And, I thought "why not have the door handles
replaced at the same time?"

Why not indeed? Probably because the new one don't fit! These one didn't
anyway..hard to explain, but the interior angle under where the handle
hinges was too acute and the handles stuck out too far.

(It was indeed the handles, not the door skins. We tried them on the old
skin and other door. No good).

So,..

1.      can my old ones be rechromed? I seem to remember that they're made
of some crummy metal. But they were chromed originally, so why not again.
2.      &/or.does anyone know if all the new handles are useless or are
there some good ones out there? I don't think it would be fair to say where
they came from as these guys have always been 100% so far. I'll tell
individuals, if requested.

Any ideas, comments?

Thanks,

Simon