[Healeys] Fuel Tank Installation

Subject: [Healeys] Fuel Tank Installation
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 07:18:51 -0700
Bob,

In my (lmited-2) experience, a properly constructed tank should sit
pretty flat on the boot pan.? Where did you get your tank from?? Has the
boot pan been replaced or repaired (they are one of the rust 'hot spots')?

I'd inspect both the boot pan and the tank, and try to figure out why
the tank isn't sitting more-or-less flat.? If you don't find an obvious
problem, I'd use the rubber 'packing' I mentioned to level the tank on
the pan as much as possible (allowing that you have to connect to the
pipe somehow, and fit under the brackets and straps).? You may need to
make your own packing for the hole in the pan; be sure to use rubber
(best) or at least 'closed-cell' insulation strips--another word for
'foam' is 'sponge'--and I don't think using a silicone caulk would hurt
(urethane might stick TOO well). ? I wouldn't use any wood, as it can
absorb water.

Bob