[Healeys] Diesel BJ8

Subject: [Healeys] Diesel BJ8
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 19:09:16 -0700
No, I haven't stuffed a Cummins 6-cyl in my BJ8.? But, my car has
started dieseling--aka 'running on'--more than it used to. Compression
is high-180PSI give-or-take on all 6--but mixture is good (I think) and
idle is usually around 700-750RPM depending on conditions.? Timing is
spec (15deg BTDC at 600RPM, vacuum advance disconnected and port on carb
plugged).?? I've always run Champion RN12YC plugs, and have never had a
problem with them, but I'm wondering if colder plugs might help.

Thoughts?

Bob