[Healeys] fuel pump clicking on...

Subject: [Healeys] fuel pump clicking on...
From: s.hutchings at rogers.com (Stephen Hutchings)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 01:18:18 +0000 (UTC)
I have a Hardi fuel pump, which is very similar to the S.U. in design- I put it
on because when I switched to negative ground I had one on the shelf, and it
was ready to go, rather than converting the S.U.After a few thousand miles,
it's suddenly started to keep on clicking, rather than the occasional click
once it's filled up. I can't find a leak anywhere, and the tank is full...so I
don't know how it could be sucking air.Anyone know what to look for next?
PS, I got my old S.U. pump and changed the polarity of the diode, but after
fiddling with the points the way I used to, I've had no luck getting it
going...it had been sitting a while.
Stephen, BJ8