[Healeys] Ethanol fuel result

Subject: [Healeys] Ethanol fuel result
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 07:44:13 -0700
Ugh.? That damage may well have been caused by ethanol, but I'm a born
skeptic with a little scientific training.? Without a control sample you
can't prove the damage was caused by ethanol (but again, it may well
have been).? I just changed out a set in my HD8s that had been in over
25 years and all I saw was some tiny cracking, and I live in California
and I think we've had gasahol longer than most states.

Some of that damage looks mechanical to me; it could simply be defective
parts.? I would hope manufacturers are making parts from
ethanol-resistant rubber, because I just put in a new set that look just
like those.

Bob