[Healeys] rear axle wheel bearing nut removal

Subject: [Healeys] rear axle wheel bearing nut removal
From: djg at gavinassociates.com (Dennis Gavin)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 15:16:08 +0000
John,
The 3/4? drive socket, Craftsman 2 3/16?, machined to remove radius worked
perfect on my BJ7. Not sure how many points as I don?t recall at the moment.
I?ll check when I return home tomorrow. If the BJ8 is the same sad BJ7 I have
no doubts.

Dennis

Dennis Gavin
Gavin Associates Inc
(508)-381-1090

Dennis,
I'm not sure how a standard hex or 12 point socket would work on the octagonal
nut.  I've seen a few posts where they had modified a standard socket by
welding on a plate with an octagonal cutout, but I don't have a welder.  I was
hoping to source something that works right out of the box.  I'm checking with
local club members to see if anyone has one to loan.
John

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.