[Healeys] How long is a piece of rubber?

Subject: [Healeys] How long is a piece of rubber?
From: p_cquinn at tpg.com.au (Patrick & Caroline Quinn)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 13:55:03 +1000
Hello

I?m replacing the rubber hose that goes on the bonnet catch return spring on
the BN3.

It?s a standard 100 bonnet catch but how long is the rubber?

The rubber that I removed is 8cm or 3 1/8 inch in length. The replacement
rubber supplied is 14cm or 5 ? inch. If it?s the shorter, it covers the
coils plus a bit, or if I don?t cut it covers the whole spring less both
ends, less an inch.

To cut, or not to cut? That is the question.

Thanks

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia