[Healeys] BJ8 door lock

Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 door lock
From: chucknsueo at aol.com (Chuck)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 21:16:19 -0400
Tom,

The same thing just recently happened to me. The bolt that goes through the
latch bar had come undone from the lock tumbler. The lock tumbler is held in by
the bolt that holds the the latch bar to the lock / latch button on the door
handle mechanism. The order should be bolt, spring washer, flat washer, latch
bar, nut, spring washer, lock tumbler. You have to take the inner door panel
off and raise the window to get to the door latch mechanism. Without the bolt
being secured in the back, the tumbler will still stay in, as long as you don?t
put your key in it.

Chuck Ott
Middletown, DE, US
BJ8, AN9