[Healeys] Conclave Drive

Subject: [Healeys] Conclave Drive
From: coudesluijs at chello.nl (Kees Oudesluijs)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 16:35:50 +0200
Selecting the options "fastest route" and "avoid interstates/motorways"
on the updated satnav (Tomtom, Garmin) has always worked for us in most
of the USA and (a very small portion of) Canada). Mostly decent roads
and little traffic. Lots of interesting places to see and proper places
to eat and drink along the way. 600mls should be around 15-20hrs pure
driving time this way. Driving that way is much more entertaining and
pleasant than driving on the Interstates.

Be careful if you select the "shortest route", that may guide you to
some very narrow roads, some of which may be dirt tracks.

The Interstates are much faster but very boring and tiring I find.
Services are plentiful but not all that good and it may be easier to
find a hotel/motel.

Kees Oudesluijs