Re: [Healeys] Testing condenser

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Testing condenser
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 07:29:45 -0700

--------------DD094DA1FB299E7096041EB3

This guy has a lot of good info:

https://mgaguru.com/mgtech/ignition/ig129.htm

On 10/3/2018 8:24 PM, Ron Fine wrote:
> Is there a simple way to test a distributor condenser out of the car?
> After many years of easy driving, my Healey suddenly quit on me,
> without warning.  Fortunately, it was in front of my home after coming
> back from the local drive.
> I found a sticking float valve on the front carb. Cleaned that out and
> tried to restart without success.  Next I looked into the distributor,
> and after cleaning the points and cap it still would not start.  I
> decided to change out the condenser which I know from past experience
> can go bad. That seemed to make the difference. But, I have several
> new and a few used condensers in my inventory.  I would like to try to
> test them to keep the good ones and reduce my clutter of unusable parts.
> Any suggestions other than installing it in a car to see if it works?
> Thanks,
> Ron Fine
> 61BN7

--------------DD094DA1FB299E7096041EB3

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
href="https://mgaguru.com/mgtech/ignition/ig129.htm";>https://mgaguru.com/mgtech/ignition/ig129.htm</a><br>
      cite="mid:A7143FAA152D4576A200F464986CB478@Inspiron660">
        charset=windows-1252">
          #000000">
            of the car?  </div>
            on me, without warning.  Fortunately, it was in front of my
            home after coming back from the local drive.</div>
            Cleaned that out and tried to restart without success.  Next
            I looked into the distributor, and after cleaning the points
            and cap it still would not start.  I decided to change out
            the condenser which I know from past experience can go bad.
            That seemed to make the difference. But, I have several new
            and a few used condensers in my inventory.  I would like to
            try to test them to keep the good ones and reduce my clutter
            of unusable parts.</div>
            if it works?</div>
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>