Re: [Healeys] Engine number

To: "'Bob Haskell'" <rchaskell@earthlink.net>, <simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com>, "'Healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine number
From: "Harold Manifold" <manifold@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 18:18:06 -0700
Hello,

The engine serial number below is definitely from either a BT7 or BN7 built
between July 59 and Nov 59. It would have two SU HD6 Carbs. The Mk2 had the
engine prefix "29E" and had three SU HS4 carbs and started production in Mar
61.  The side shift transmission continued until Nov 61 engine 29E/2246.

I have the same BMC parts manual with RU = Overdrive centre shift. That is
not correct. All of the "29D" and some of the "29E" series engines had a
side shift transmission.

Harold
29D-RU-H/22479