Re: [Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters.

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters.
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 12:20:54 -0500
I had a car with SUs that were tapped for the air filter bolts, it was a long
time ago so don't remember which.  I do remember it was very easy to strip the
aluminum housings.  If you do all your own work and can remember to use a
gentle hand when tightening on the air filters (which you should anyway, but
things don't always go according to plan) you should be ok.  I guess if you
strip one you could always heli-coil it.  I am not one for over engineering or
extra cost or work, but if I we're going through the trouble to set this up I
would use an durable insert like a heli-coil.

Happy Turkey Day

Greg Lemon