Re: [Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 15:59:21 -0800
This setup makes air cleaner removal easy - I was running this setup before I
modified my cleaners for my DMD manifold:

I bolted 5/16" coupling nuts inside my K&N filters. Bolts coming thru the
outside plate, then spacers, then the couplings resting against the inside of
the inside plate.

The filters are attached from the inside of the carb tangs with 5/16" SS socket
head (Allen) screws. These go through the tangs and engage threads of the
coupling nuts.

For a wrench, I'm using a foot long, ball-end, T-handle Allen wrench.

Some ideas are here:
http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/dmd_air_filter_mods&page=all

--
Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA
Maker of Most Complete Big Healey Rear Disc Kit