Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Fuel Tank

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Fuel Tank
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 19:05:15 -0400
Michael MacLean wrote:
> Also, I was given an original gas cap in pretty good shape.? I would love to
> use it except for the fact the gasket inside is in pretty bad shape.? I can
> already smell the gas fumes in the future.? None of the usual suspects have
> replacement gasket seals.? Has anyone made one before?? What material did you
> use?

I watched a recent episode of Wheeler Dealers where they reconditioned a VW
Squareback. For the valve covers and oil strainer cover they used silicone
gaskets.  Iâ??d give silicone a try.  Google â??silicone gasket sheetsâ??.
Hereâ??s one link:
http://www.allsealsinc.com/commercial-grade-silicone.html
I think an Xacto knife or even a scissors would cut it.

-
Kent McLean; no matter how you spell it, all MacLeans come from the Isle of Mull
â??56 100 BN2