Re: [Healeys] healey sighting

To: Steve Thomton <scthomton@yahoo.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] healey sighting
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 16:42:04 -0700

--------------F6C7E27A4D6686116AF969E8

The definitive story.

People still argue about the movie; was it good, bad, boring, OK, etc?
I've had two Bullitt Mustangs and I still have to convince people the
movie had nothing to do with my choice of cars (well, except for the color).

Bob

On 5/14/2019 1:09 PM, Steve Thomton wrote:
> Bob,
> I wrote story about this for one of the Healey club magazines years
> ago.  I owned that Healey for years.  I bought it from a gentleman in
> San Jose who had bought it from the owner during the filming.  He gave
> me the plates with the car that can be seen in one of the shots when
> Steve McQueen parks his Mustang in front of it.  The story he (guy I
> bought it from) told me was that the Healey owner lived in one of the
> apartments, and while they moved other cars out for shooting, they let
> him leave his Healey there for the filming (pic attached).  The car
> can also be seen in another shot in the movie parked in the same
> place.  I restored the car into a Works Rally Tribute car (pic
> attached)... I didn't/don't think the film clips added any real value
> to the car so I didn't worry about it's 5 seconds of fame.  As a WRT
> car it was on 3 magazine covers.  The car now lives in Australia.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Thomton
>
> On â??Mondayâ??, â??Mayâ?? â??13â??, â??2019â?? â??09â??:â??48â??:â??21â??
> â??AMâ?? â??MDT, Bob Spidell
> <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> There were several shots of a parked, white Healey in the movie
> 'Bullitt.'  Allegedly, the car belonged to one of the movie crew and the
> director liked it.
>
> On 5/13/2019 8:30 AM, healeymanjim wrote:
> > most of those shots are made in the studio and they just drag up
> what is available to shoot the scene.  ever notice how a
> > guy with a hat on in a convertible never loses his hat.

--------------F6C7E27A4D6686116AF969E8

  <head>
  </head>
      etc?  I've had two Bullitt Mustangs and I still have to convince
      people the movie had nothing to do with my choice of cars (well,
      except for the color).</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1899557468.2218643.1557864595617@mail.yahoo.com">
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;"> </div>
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;">Bob,</div>
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;">I wrote story about this for one of
        the Healey club magazines years ago.  I owned that Healey for
        years.  I bought it from a gentleman in San Jose who had bought
        it from the owner during the filming.  He gave me the plates
        with the car that can be seen in one of the shots when Steve
        McQueen parks his Mustang in front of it.  The story he (guy I
        bought it from) told me was that the Healey owner lived in one
        of the apartments, and while they moved other cars out for
        shooting, they let him leave his Healey there for the filming
        (pic attached).  The car can also be seen in another shot in the
        movie parked in the same place.  I restored the car into a Works
        Rally Tribute car (pic attached)... I didn't/don't think the
        film clips added any real value to the car so I didn't worry
        about it's 5 seconds of fame.  As a WRT car it was on 3 magazine
        covers.  The car now lives in Australia.  </div>
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><br>
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;">Cheers,</div>
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;">Steve Thomton  </div>
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><br>
        style="font-family:verdana, helvetica,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;"> </div>
          sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
â??09â??:â??48â??:â??21â?? â??AMâ??
            â??MDT, Bob Spidell <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";>&lt;bspidell@comcast.net&gt;</a> wrote:
              Healey in the movie <br clear="none">
              'Bullitt.'  Allegedly, the car belonged to one of the
              movie crew and the <br clear="none">
              director liked it.<br clear="none">
                  clear="none">
                On 5/13/2019 8:30 AM, healeymanjim wrote:<br
                  clear="none">
                &gt; most of those shots are made in the studio and they
                just drag up what is available to shoot the scene.  ever
                notice how a<br clear="none">
                &gt; guy with a hat on in a convertible never loses his
                hat.<br clear="none">

--------------F6C7E27A4D6686116AF969E8--

--===============2719722500465278201==