[Healeys] Steering Column Seals

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Steering Column Seals
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 22:07:43 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_5167359_1770713549.1558390063358

I am at the point of installing the suspension and steering of my BN2 resto=
ration.=C2=A0 Today I am trying to figure out the two plates and seals that=
 go on the firewall to seal the steering column outer tube.=C2=A0 I have on=
e plate with a through hole on the passenger side, but nothing on the firew=
all side.=C2=A0 Do both of these plates have a seal sandwiched beneath them=
, or just one?=C2=A0 The seals are not available from the usual suspects, s=
o I surmise I have to make them.=C2=A0 What material should they be?=C2=A0 =
Just plain rubber?=C2=A0 I have no plate for the seal on the inside of he c=
ar.=C2=A0 The only vendors I can find that sell that plate are overseas.=C2=
=A0 Don't want to make an order for such a small part with the prohibitive =
shipping costs.=C2=A0 I don't have very much in the way of metal cutting to=
ols to make my own.=C2=A0 Any ideas where to source this plate?Mike MacLean

------=_Part_5167359_1770713549.1558390063358

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div>I am at th=
e point of installing the suspension and steering of my BN2 restoration.&nb=
sp; Today I am trying to figure out the two plates and seals that go on the=
 firewall to seal the steering column outer tube.&nbsp; I have one plate wi=
th a through hole on the passenger side, but nothing on the firewall side.&=
nbsp; Do both of these plates have a seal sandwiched beneath them, or just =
one?&nbsp; The seals are not available from the usual suspects, so I surmis=
e I have to make them.&nbsp; What material should they be?&nbsp; Just plain=
 rubber?&nbsp; I have no plate for the seal on the inside of he car.&nbsp; =
The only vendors I can find that sell that plate are overseas.&nbsp; Don't =
want to make an order for such a small part with the prohibitive shipping c=
osts.&nbsp; I don't have very much in the way of metal cutting tools to mak=
e my own.&nbsp; Any ideas where to source this plate?</div><div>Mike MacLea=
------=_Part_5167359_1770713549.1558390063358--

--===============3466861926206877430==