Re: [Healeys] Denis Welch Clutch Bleeder Extension.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Denis Welch Clutch Bleeder Extension.
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 09:03:09 -0700

--------------688252A8603918E09D52F643

Can't comment on the DWM extension, except that it does look a bit
short, but I'll say using a tie wrap to secure it is a bit cheesy.  I
wonder if it's supposed to be tied to something on the engine (the hard
line)?  If so, maybe it's meant to only be used from under the car?
Perhaps the DWM people assume all Healey owners have a lift or get under
their cars regularly?  To bleed the slave cyl effectively you either
have to pull the gearbox cover, or drop the cyl (and the top bolt is a
real bee-yatch to get to).

This conversation has made me very happy I bought one of Mr.
Finespanner's extensions when they were available; I had a soft pedal on
a long road trip once and bled my clutch in a parking lot while waiting
for a restaurant to open.

Bob

On 8/9/2019 8:33 AM, simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I bought a Denis Welch clutch bleeder extension the other day. New on
> eBay. Going cheap?an impulse buy.
>
> See attached.
>
> It?s 240mm long.
>
> So, has anyone got one of these things? Any good? Seems to me that it
> do with being longer so it could be attached to a bracket per the
> third photo.
>
> DW stuff is usually (very) good but there are often hidden snags.
> Something which is meant to be a simple fit needs a raft of
> modifications etcetc. Any comments on that score here?
>
> Seems like an easy fit, apart from the perceived difficulty in
> bleeding the clutch?.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

--------------688252A8603918E09D52F643

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      bit short, but I'll say using a tie wrap to secure it is a bit
      cheesy.  I wonder if it's supposed to be tied to something on the
      engine (the hard line)?  If so, maybe it's meant to only be used
      from under the car?  Perhaps the DWM people assume all Healey
      owners have a lift or get under their cars regularly?  To bleed
      the slave cyl effectively you either have to pull the gearbox
      cover, or drop the cyl (and the top bolt is a real bee-yatch to
      get to).<br>
      Finespanner's extensions when they were available; I had a soft
      pedal on a long road trip once and bled my clutch in a parking lot
      while waiting for a restaurant to open.<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com";>simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com</a>
 wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:002301d54ec7$da5687a0$8f0396e0$@alexarevel.plus.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
        margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          extension the other day. New on eBay. Going cheap?an impulse
          buy.<o:p></o:p></p>
          good? Seems to me that it do with being longer so it could be
          attached to a bracket per the third photo. <o:p></o:p></p>
          are often hidden snags. Something which is meant to be a
          simple fit needs a raft of modifications etcetc. Any comments
          on that score here?<o:p></o:p></p>
          perceived difficulty in bleeding the clutch?.<o:p></o:p></p>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
</pre>

--------------688252A8603918E09D52F643--

--===============8702380315868055844==